Area 419 12″ Arcalock Universal Barricade Rail Kit
Area 419 is always looking for ways to improve existing products when we are not developing new technologies. With the rapid growth in popularity of ARCA rails in precision rifle, we saw a need to improve this great dovetail technology to something that could be mechanically locked in place instead of just friction. If you have ever tried using a Barricade stop on an existing ARCA rail, you’ve probably also seen it slide under much pressure.
- Universal rail design is the same footprint as our previous rail. (There were two revisions to the hole spacing, if you have a very early model your hole spacing may change)
- Serrated rail sides interface with our proprietary clamp design to mechanically lock it in place so no movement is possible. Serrations are not sharp, will not damage bags or your hands.
- 58 Locking positions available on the 12″ rail. These positions are engraved on the rail so you can easily adjust for known objects.
- Rail is backwards compatible with standard Arca accessories, but will not be locking without our clamp
- Made to the RRS 1.5″ Dovetail Standard, so you can be sure lever clamps will work
- No sharp edges. Every corner is radiused, and every edge is chamfered on the machine. This takes longer to make, but it is the only right way.
- While designed with Manners Composite Stocks in mind, this rail accommodates a multitude of rifle and stock configurations that have an accessible front action screw and some sort of front attachment point(s).
- One hole is located to bolt directly to a Manners Barricade Mini Chassis if you choose to forego the rear action screw hold down.
- Designed to attach to the rifle up to 6 places for maximum strength and stability.
- Extends past the end of some rifle stocks, allowing a further forward bipod attachment, increasing stability.
- Type 3 Hard Coat anodized for additional durability.
- Made from 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Made in-house here in the USA from USA sourced Aluminum on USA made CNCs
- Rail comes with 1 Remington 700-style action screws to fit the rail to the front action screw attachment point. Some trimming will likely be required.
- A 3/4″ paddle bit and drill press may be required for installation of tee-nuts, depending on current rifle configuration. Tee nuts and hardware included. MLOK hardware not included.
- Proprietary two-stage screw design.
- Clamping screw features two different thread pitches. The coarse 16tpi is used when no tension is on clamp, allowing rapid movement of the clamp vs others on the market. With high speed comes low torque though, so to counteract this as soon as the clamp sees tension it will switch to the 32 tpi threads in the knob to give you extra torque when not using on an ARCALOCK rail.
- 1/4 Turn releases the clamp from the detents on the ARCALOCK rail for movement
- One Turn releases clamp to be removed from rail
Item Number: 419-ALK-UNIV12-KIT
Rangeview Sports Canada
Licensed Gun Shop in Newmarket, Ontario