Ruger Precision Rifle Gen3 6.5 Creedmoor 24″ Barrel
The Ruger Precision Rifle Gen3 6.5 Creedmoor is a highly configurable, in-line-recoil rifle with the kind of sub-MOA accuracy that puts more expensive rifles to shame. Every component has been carefully considered and precisely engineered…from the Multi-Mag Interface that accepts a number of different magazine styles, to the cold hammer-forged barrel, to the Marksman adjustable trigger.
The Gen 3 version takes all the great stuff you loved about the Gen 2—and make just a few tweaks. First, the old KeyMod handguard has been replaced with a new lower-profile M-Lok handguard that gives you just a little more scope clearance for big optics—so if you prefer M-Lok, this is a nice change. The second improvement is a black nitride finish on the bolt, which replaces the stainless finish on the Gen 2 bolt. These aren’t groundbreaking changes by any means, but why overhaul a good thing? Bottom line: it’s still the RPR you know and love, but with a few shrewd improvements based on feedback from competitive shooters.
- Caliber: 6.5 Creedmoor
- Action: Bolt
- Capacity: 10+1
- Barrel length: 24″
- Barrel style: Cold-hammer-forged 4140 chrome-moly with 5R rifling; medium contour
- Barrel twist: 1:8″
- Stock: Ruger Precision MSR folding adjustable
- Trigger: Marksman Adjustable 2.25-5 lbs.
- Length of pull: 12-15.5″
- Overall length: 43.25-46.75″
- Overall weight: 10.7 lbs.
- Includes two magazines
- In-line recoil path manages recoil directly from the rear of the receiver to the buttstock, not through a traditional bedding system, providing maximum accuracy potential.
- Cold hammer-forged, chrome-moly steel barrel with 5R Rifling at minimum bore and groove dimensions, minimum headspace and centralized chamber.
- Patented multi-magazine interface functions interchangeably with AICS and M110/SR-25/DPMS/Magpul-style magazines (works with some M14 magazines).
- Ruger Marksman Adjustable trigger is externally adjustable, with a trigger pull range of 2.25 to 5 pounds; wrench is stored in the bolt shroud.
- Ruger Precision MSR stock with QD sling attachment points features a bottom Picatinny rail and soft rubber buttpad. The left-folding stock hinge is attached to an AR-style buffer tube and accepts any AR-style stock. Length of pull and comb height are adjustable.
- Medium-contour (.75″ at the muzzle) barrel features a Ruger Precision Rifle Hybrid Muzzle Brake to effectively reduce recoil while minimizing noise and blast to the sides of the shooter.
- 15″ aluminum free-float handguard is black hard-coat anodized aluminum and features Magpul M-LOK slots on all four sides for improved scope clearance for long-range scopes and easy mounting of M-LOK-compatible rails and accessories.
- Ambidextrous manual safety for left- or right-handed lever manipulation.
- 20 MOA Picatinny rail secured with # 8-40 screws for increased long-range elevation capabilities.
- “Upper” receiver and one-piece bolt are precision CNC-machined from pre-hardened 4140 chrome-moly steel to minimize distortion.
- Three-lug bolt with 70° throw features dual cocking cams and a smooth-running, full diameter bolt body. Bolt body is nitrided for corrosion resistance, smooth operation and durability.
- Barrel can be replaced easily by a competent gunsmith using headspace gauges.
- Magazine well front is contoured for a positive grip when bracing against shooting supports.
- Oversized bolt handle for positive bolt manipulation, with a 5/16″-24 thread pattern for easy replacement. Bolt disassembly tool is stored in the Ruger Precision Rifle Billet Aluminum Bolt Shroud for easy striker channel cleaning.
- “Lower” magazine well halves are precision machined from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum and are Type III hard-coat anodized for maximum durability.
- Extended trigger-reach AR-style grip and 45° ambidextrous safety selector. May be configured with any AR-style grip and selector.
This is a Non-Restricted Firearm.
Rangeview Sports Canada.
Licensed Gun Store in Newmarket, Ontario, Canada.