Lansky 4-stone Deluxe Diamond Controlled-Angle Sharpening System
The 4-Stone Deluxe Diamond Controlled-Angle Sharpening System ensures that your knife edge sharpens to the exact bevel you specify. Designed to give your blade a professional, razor sharp edge every time, regardless of your sharpening ability. Excellent for beginners and advanced users alike. The original and legendary Controlled-Angle System is the ultimate in Knife Sharpening technology.
All Lansky Controlled-Angle Sharpening Systems allow users to select the sharpening angles that are best suited for their knife’s intended use. The four sharpening angles and their uses are:
- 17° Angle – A severe angle recommended for razor blades, fillet knives or similar tools. An extremely sharp but delicate edge.
- 20° Angle – A commonly used angle for higher quality blades and provides an excellent edge for kitchen cutlery and slicing knives.
- 25° Angle – The recommended angle for most knives that need a durable, sharp edge. Ideal for hunting and outdoor knives.
- 30° Angle – An outstanding angle for knives that cut cardboard, rope or carpets. Best for heavy duty use.
The knife clamp included in the system holds the knife steady, and holds the angle guide static and firm, so that the user can achieve the desired angle with every stroke of the knife sharpener. The Extra Coarse to Fine diamond hones provide an excellent range of grits for edge care and maintenance. The Lansky system is perfect for outdoor sporting, kitchen or workshop knives, and offers the widest range of accessories available. In production for over 40 years, the Lansky Sharpening System has been the most preferred, and best sharpening system for DIY and cutlery enthusiasts worldwide.
- Monocrystalline Diamonds
- Extra Coarse Silver Hone: (70 grit diamond) for re-profiling the bevel grind
- Coarse Purple Hone: (120 grit diamond) for edge reconditioning
- Medium Orange Hone: (280 grit diamond) for sharpening and less frequent touch-ups
- Fine Gold Hone: (600 grit diamond) for most frequent touch-ups to keep your blade paper-slicing sharp
- Soft Bristled Nylon Brush for cleaning
- Easy to use, multi-angle clamp: to hold the blade securely
- Guide Rods:One for every hone
NOTE: Because diamond sharpening hones are made up of a metal plate, coated with mono-crystalline diamond, they will wear over time with use, and the hones will need to be replaced. How soon that may happen depends on how often the hone is being used, the hardness of the steel being sharpened, and the amount of pressure used during the sharpening process. Because a diamond hone wears faster and has a shorter life cycle than a man-made alumina oxide hone, we suggest using just the weight of your hand while sharpening. NEVER use honing oil on the diamond hones as it may clog the diamond, resulting in a smooth surface. When trying to “remove” steel, use your coarser diamond hone and finish with your fine diamond and a ceramic or alumina oxide hone.
- Extra long knife clamp screws for thicker blades
- Storage/carrying case to hold all system components
- Complete easy-to-follow multi-lingual instructions
Rangeview Sports Canada
Licensed Gun Shop in Newmarket, Ontario