KA-BAR Single Mark Utility Fixed Blade Knife
The most famous fixed blade knife in the World – “the KA-BAR®” – was designed to serve US troops during World War II. Now, it is a great utility knife with this version sporting only the KA-BAR, OLEAN NY mark instead of the United States Marine Corps. This leaves the second side blank and perfect for your own engraving.
- The Brown handle on the Single Mark Original KA-BAR is made from leather. Leather is a durable natural material that has provides years of service on military issued KA-BAR knives.
- KA-BAR’s famous oval-shaped leather handle construction is accomplished by compressing leather washers on to the tang, shaping and coloring them, and then fastening them on with a 12GA Commercial Grd Carbon Steel butt cap.
- The Fixed Blade on the Single Mark Original KA-BAR is the exact same as the USMC “KA-BAR®” Combat Knife as it is made from 1095 CRO-VAN Steel and features a Flat grind. 1095 CRO-VAN steel is an easy to sharpen, plain carbon steel used in knife making. Proven to be one of the most popular steels used in KA-BAR Knives. With a Rockwell hardness rating of 56-58, this Clip Point shaped blade is 7 inches long and is stamped with USMC.
- Field sharpening the KA-BAR is easy with its sharpened edge.
- Included with the Single Mark Original KA-BAR is a blank leather sheath.
- Overall Length: 30.48 cm (12 in.)
- Weight: 0.3175 kg (0.7 lbs)
- Blade Length: 17.78 cm (7 in.)
- Blade Thickness: 0.419 cm (0.165 in.)
- Blade Edge: Sharpened
- Blade Steel: 1095 Cro-Van
- Blade Finish: Not Available
- Blade Shape: Clip Point
- Edge Angle: 20 Degrees
- Blade Hardness (HRC): 56-58
- Blade Grind: flat
- Blade Stamp: KA-BAR, OLEAN NY
- Handle Material: Leather
- Handle Colour: Brown
- Sheath Model: 1317s
- Sheath Material: Leather
- Made In: USA
Item Number: 1320
Rangeview Sports Canada
Licensed Gun Shop in Newmarket, Ontario